Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Few Firsts

Welcome to the reincarnation of my blog. The original one bit the dust upon the re-launching of our website this week, but I had fell off on the consistency while gearing up for the change-over anyway. I let the old content dissolve into the cyber-space Never Neverland since I prefer to focus my energy on moving forward. So here's to a new venue and well, my first time using Blogger.

As for other firsts this week, perhaps you noticed my mug on the cover. Yep, that's really me with the hat. I think that's a first for all of us here. The author of a story has never posed for the cover picture for their own story before, at least not in the six-year-plus run of this paper.Not that this should be surprising for anyone, it's not really common practice at any publication.

But aside from my reluctantly warming to the idea, the story itself contains a few unprecedented snippets. It was the first time, at least in modern history so far as we were able to tell, that a presidential debate was held on Long Island. It was our first time covering the debates from the inside.

And yes, it was my first time being questioned by federal authorities, instead of the other way around. I'll be crossing my fingers that it's the last.

No comments: